VISITING MAGAYON

by: Angeline Malacad

Traveling is exhausting and challenging, and not everybody is able to do so. But it's also a playful activity that requires your exhaustion. Travel usually corresponds to life because it allows you to visit various areas with different cultures and lifestyles. It's also a simple way to learn about a location's traditions and culture. Furthermore, tourism is the primary source of income in so many areas.

Having visited Mayon Volcano is much more than just a city tour and taking pictures; the area also offers exciting activities for thrill seekers.

Nature Therapy ft. Mayon Volcano 8, 007 ft. An active volcano located in Albay

Mayon Volcano is indeed a sight and a threat, revered for its gorgeousness as well as threatened by its destructive power. Mayon Volcano Natural Park, a famous place in the Philippines, is praised for its incredible beauty and never fails to attract visitors from all over the world. Cagsawa church has to be the most tragic fatality in Mayon's incendiary history. Inhabitants of Cagsawa were ordered to relocate during the 1814 volcanic explosion. The local church's priest instructed the bells to be rung to remind the public of the impending danger. However, due to the sudden disposition of the explosion, thousands were required to seek shelter within the convent's locked doors. The lava flow and ash proved too much for the church, which was engulfed. The location is still one of Mayon's most scenic viewpoints today. The Christian structure's darkened remnants stand strong even now, trying to serve as a way to remind us of both the splendor and catastrophic events that encircle it.

Growing up in this place, which is albay I'd remember hearing a lot of good things about the Mayon Volcano when I was a kid, like the words active, most assertive, unsteady, contentious, mad, absolutely gorgeous, magnificent, wonderful, fantastic. I'd never been more enthusiastic about seeing this tumultuous terrain.

A steep-slope cone, Mayon Volcano. November 2, 2019

Back in 2019, when I was a first-year college student, my friends and I decided to go to Cagsawa, and I was excited since it was my first time there. We decided that Saturday morning would be the best time to go because it was our free time because we were at school during the week. Previously, before we went to that place, we talked about whether we were going to ride on the ATV. We made a plan and everyone agreed on it. On November 2, I left our boarding house at around seven o'clock in the morning because I am a morning person and didn't want to be late. I was also very excited at the time because, as I previously stated, it was my first time visiting that location in Cagsawa. Then we arrived at 8:30 a.m. because some of my friends were late to wake up and others needed to be picked up from their respective homes. Because I was so excited to see the beautiful view, I was the first to go inside, and it was truly a magnificent place for me because it appears that Mayon volcano holds the land in its place; it was very large, and although it is no longer a perfect cone shape, it is still beautiful in my eyes. My friends and I were taking pictures of the view, and then we decided to ride the ATV, and we made a video of us riding in it, and we are all laughing as if we own the place, and we are the only people there, and everyone is enjoying that moment of our lives.


Mayon Volcano with its breathtaking symmetry. November 2, 2019

After we finish our lunch, we take a bunch of pics of ourselves with the pretty flowers and the Mayon Volcano in the foreground. I can't help looking at that Mayon Volcano. I was astonished at that point in time because I was at the foot of the Mayon Volcano and then somehow curious to know how it occurred, but in the end, it was made for a reason, so I stopped thinking about it and just enjoyed the experience with my friends and in that place. We decided to go home at 6 in the evening and, on the way home, we were overjoyed because we were reunited without worry and were able to enjoy the view of the Mayon volcano in Cagsawa. It was a long day for all of us, but we enjoyed our time there. It appears that Bicolanos are blessed because they have something to be proud of; the magnificent Mayon Volcano. It was a really fulfilling and happy moment in my life because I was so happy to see Mayon volcano in Cagsawa and I was able to capture the place with my friends.

Traveling helps me to engage in some activities that I have never tried in my life and it helps me to not think about the stressful tasks in school and in our house. It also helps me to feel refreshed from every moment of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PILI NUT CANDY

Villa Sofia Resort - Cagmanaba Oas, Albay

SMALL BUT TERRIBLE: LONGGANISA DE GUINOBATAN