Villa Sofia Resort - Cagmanaba Oas, Albay

 

Villa Sofia Resort - Cagmanaba Oas,  Albay
Author: Carmela Panesa

Ever since the pandemic started, attending a social gathering or even simply catching up with family and friends requires us to follow precautions by proper sanitation and safety measures. It is said that outdoor spaces are way much safer than being indoors; open spaces have a lower risk for coronavirus transmission. And because of this current situation, my family decided to look for a place where we can bond together and enjoy outdoor activities while still being safe since most of my family members are in a vulnerable state. We did not go beyond the boundary; we just stayed here within our local area. We had lots of choices in our list and places to choose from, and there’s no need for us to travel far away. After all, we are lucky enough for there are countless beautiful and interesting tourist spots and attractions here in the region of Bicol. And after thinking about where we are going, we finally chose to have a beach trip.

We booked a semi-private white beach resort located at Brgy Imacoto. Cagmanaba Oas Albay. The resort is called Villa Sofia Resort. Traveling from Guinobatan, Albay, it took us almost an hour to finally reach our destination. But for me, it doesn’t feel that long as long as I’m in a good company with constant laughter. It’s just that time flies so fast whenever I’m with my family. We also rented air-conditioned rooms since we stayed overnight. The resort has a vast inside ground where visitors and tourists can take a scenic stroll without even compromising much of their safety. But for us, we had the resort all by ourselves at that time so it is guaranteed that we are safe. And what I like about it the most is we had our own privacy as a family. I used to go to crowded beaches with a loud surrounding. So it was actually my first time staying in an exclusive resort. And I never thought that I would actually enjoy the peace and quiet apart from the crowds, it just brings a sense of calm. It feels very solemn. And the resort is surrounded by rich green plants so it makes me feel less stressed out. 


Photo from Offical FB Page: Villa Sofia Resot


In the midst of the hazy daytime skies, I shared laughter with my cousins. We all watched the sunset together along the seashore as the cool ocean breeze blew in our cheeks. We played games while the beach torches were lit up all night. In the morning, I took an early swim right after the friendly and accommodating staff served us breakfast. The resort also offers kayak boating so I instantly grab the chance to try it myself.  At first it was hard to do the paddling technique, it requires balance and strength. But after a while, I was finally getting the hang of it, not until a huge wave splashes. I lost balance and fell down, good thing my uncles were there to help me. Overall, I had a good time and gained a new memorable experience. The Villa Sofia Resort is indeed a place like no other.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PILI NUT CANDY

SMALL BUT TERRIBLE: LONGGANISA DE GUINOBATAN