BLACK LAVA

 by: Jan Angel Maravilla

    Daraga's breathtaking Black Lava is a must-see destination for tourists. The Mayon Volcano eruption formed a rock in this location, which became a tourist attraction. The journey and experience, especially for first-timers, are unforgettable. Both foreign visitors and locals will be astounded by this place. Although this amazing spot is not easy to reach; to see the beauty of Mayon Volcano up close, you must travel for almost 7 kilometers. One of the most direct paths to the Black Lava is through the Cagsawa Ruins. Black Lava is difficult to reach, as I previously indicated. There are two ways to get to the peak; the first is for those who enjoy hiking. If you have the stamina to ascend the mountains, hiking to Black Lava is the best way to accomplish so. Second, if you are feeling daring and believe that riding an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) will make you appreciate the path to the Black Lava, you can do so. Back in December, I had the opportunity to see the Mayon Volcano up close by visiting the Black Lava. It was raining when we decided to take an all-terrain vehicle to Black Lava. It made me nervous intially because it was my first time running an ATV on my own since my father would always be the one driving it for me. The ride was a little extreme because there are a lot of rocks and the route is really rough; it's a good thing I learned how to handle the vehicle quickly. Our journey to Black Lava is exciting; I can't say you'll be relaxed because driving for about 2 hours is tiring, but the beauty along the way makes everything better. The trees and various greenery on both sides of the pathway create a very welcoming atmosphere. Of course, you will sight the Mayon Volcano from afar on your journey. It is a fun ride especially if you go with your friends or family who likes challenges. Did I mention that you are going to cross a river on an ATV to get there? I was afraid when I saw what was in front of me since the current in the river seemed strong. It's a good thing the rain stopped before we had to cross the river; it was so much fun! The atv is strong enough to keep you stable while crossing. Our trip to Black Lava was both exhausting and enjoyable. My jaw dropped when we arrived at the summit because of the spectacular grandeur right in front of me. We were so near the Mt. Mayon, and the air is so fresh up there. The sea may also be seen from above, which is incredibly relaxing. On the top, there is a little sari-sari store that sells buko juice, which gives you an even more refreshing feeling. There are also many lovely flowers beneath Mayon. They created a garden where visitors could take photographs with the Mayon Volcano in the background. The wind is a little cool because it is a mountain. As a native of Albay, I am still astounded by the variety of destinations accessible to us. Mayon Volcano, the pride of Albay, gives you the sensation that you have something to be proud of as a Bicolano.





https://imgur.com/gallery/s9ygTr2



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PILI NUT CANDY

Villa Sofia Resort - Cagmanaba Oas, Albay

SMALL BUT TERRIBLE: LONGGANISA DE GUINOBATAN